What is gestational surrogacy?
A highly successful fertility service, gestational surrogacy entails placing your IVF-created embryo(s) into the uterus of a trusted surrogate who will carry the pregnancy and deliver your baby.
At PFCLA, you’ll be supported as you find your surrogate and prepare for IVF. Thoroughly screened for social, physical and psychological well being, many candidates are young mothers drawn to the program by empathy or altruism.
The best candidates for surrogacy
Many individuals and couples require a healthy, able-bodied woman to realize their dreams of having a child. Surrogacy is an excellent fertility service for:
- Same-sex male couples and single males
- Women who cannot carry a pregnancy to term
- Women for whom pregnancy would be dangerous
- Couples that need or want a woman to facilitate the fertilization, pregnancy and delivery of a baby
The surrogacy process
At PFCLA, we understand that surrogacy can be a big decision. To provide you reassurance and guidance during the process, we follow strict guidelines to offer an ethical and positive surrogacy experience for all parties involved. Here’s what you can expect from the process:
- Upfront surrogacy costs and predetermined payment plans
- Strict surrogate screenings to verify the candidate is physically and mentally fit to be a surrogate
- A legal contract to ensure all parties are in agreement and protected (Note: legal requirements depend heavily on location, but we will guide you through everything necessary)
- You and your partner, or a donor, must undergo processes and procedures to create the embryo needed for your surrogate’s embryo transfer
Selecting your surrogate
Selecting a surrogate you trust is essential. Fortunately, PFCLA has partnerships with some of the most reputable agencies, with detailed and expansive surrogate networks. Keep in mind that when choosing a surrogate, variables that increase the chances of a successful surrogacy are: