IVF Cycle Fees (All PFCLA Program Plans)
Cycle fees are due in full before you and/or your surrogate or donor start fertility medications. After consulting with a physician and deciding on a treatment plan, our financial coordination team will send you an invoice. Once payment is remitted, we can assign your coordination concierge, who will reach out to get your journey started. If applicable, we do require confirmation from your insurance company stating that you have IVF coverage, and indicating the specific services they will cover. We will attempt to get pre-authorization for you. If your insurance does not cover 100% of the services you require, a deposit from you will be necessary before the cycle of treatment begins.
Outside Lab Charges/Shipping Costs
Not all PFCLA plans include lab tests. And some of our lab tests are referred to an outside laboratory for processing. This laboratory (such as MedScience or LabCorp) will bill your insurance for you, with any applicable balance billed to you directly. Other laboratories, such as Reproductive Immunology Associate’s Laboratory in Van Nuys, require that a payment accompany the specimen. While PFCLA does not make a charge for collecting these specimens, we do incur Federal Express expenses related to shipping. You are responsible for payment of packaging & shipping costs.
Methods of Payment
For your convenience, we accept wire transfers, personal checks (U.S. dollars), cash and all major credit cards (VISA, MC, AMEX, Discover). A fee is incurred for credit card transactions and returned checks.
We Will Assist You Financially
PFCLA offers a variety of IVF packages and discount programs to help patients in financial hardship. We divide our financial packages into different categories according to the type of patient and treatment. There are five different type of patients:
- Conventional: This includes a woman doing IVF using her own eggs and uterus to carry her child.
- Egg Donation: This includes a woman doing IVF using an egg donor and her uterus to carry her child.
- Surrogacy: This includes a woman doing IVF using her own eggs and a surrogate to carry her child.
- Egg donation & Surrogacy: This includes Intended Parents doing IVF using donor eggs and a surrogate to carry a child.
- Freezing: This includes pricing of all freezing involved treatments.
Please contact our offices directly for so we may assist you with the pricing that best accommodates your request.
Help With Infertility Treatment Costs
The Access Plans and The Payment Plans
Pacific Fertility Center-LA has a long track record of setting the standards in quality of care and accountability in the field of assisted reproduction. Now we are taking steps to lead the way in cost containment as well. In 1997, we introduced The Access Plan to help patients with financial hardship receive affordable quality treatment for infertility. We will try to assist every patient who needs advanced reproductive treatments to go from Infertility to Family… The Access Plan offers significant discounts to couples who wish to receive treatment at PFCLA based on their financial status. This discount is applicable to all in-cycle services related to the performance of a “fresh” In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) treatment cycle, including Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) and Assisted Hatching. The discount does not apply to frozen/thawed embryo transfers. Covered services include:
- Medical services provided by a PFCLA physician in our clinic, including clinical monitoring, egg retrieval, embryo transfer and in-cycle medical consultations related to IVF.
- Services of the IVF laboratory, including the in-vitro fertilization procedure, cryopreservation and storage of embryos (for one year), if any, and a blood test for the diagnosis of pregnancy, if it is performed in our laboratory.
- This discount does not apply to pre-cycle screening fees, medications, anesthesia, obstetrical ultrasounds or to a frozen/thawed embryo transfer cycle, or to any outside medical services.
Any couple seeking treatment at PFCLA may apply by completing and submitting The Access Application.
The Access Plan Committee will determine the amount of discount that the couple is qualified to receive. The discount depends on the applying individual’s or couple’s last year and current income. The individual or couple will be notified, in writing, within one week of the reception of the application, with the Committee’s decision.
The discount awarded will be valid for a full year from the time of acceptance. Any extensions should be requested in writing by submitting another application. For more information, please contact our office and speak with a financial coordinator. To learn more about these financial plans, please contact us for a free consultation.