With more than 20 years of clinical experience, exceptional skills, and traceable success in all aspects of human IVF, Dr. Han serves as the IVF Lab Director at Pacific Fertility Center Los Angeles.
Dr. Han’s expertise includes, but is not limited to, Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI), Assisted Hatching, Embryo Biopsy for Pre-Implantation Genetic Screening/diagnosis, and Cryopreservation of Eggs, Embryos and Sperm.
With a deep passion in helping people build families and live better lives, Dr. Han is a board-certified Embryology Laboratory Director, Technical Supervisor in both Embryology and Andrology, and a licensed Acupuncturist.
Upon receiving her Master’s degree in Reproductive Biology from Louisiana State University, Dr. Han obtained her PhD degree in Integrative Medicine specializing in Infertility from Beijing University of Chinese Medicine. She is fluent in both English and Mandarin Chinese.
Dr. Han is a member of the following professional organizations: American Society for Reproductive Medicine, American Association of Bioanalysts, College of Reproductive Biology, and United Acupuncture Association.
The following are Dr.Yvonne Yanqing Han’s most significant accomplishments in embryo biotechnology field prior to her clinical experience in human IVF:
- Successfully combined embryo splitting and IVF technologies and produced the first test-tube calf derived from a demi-embryo in China (1991)
- Successfully combined embryo splitting and embryo sexing technologies and produced the first twin female calves from one bovine embryo that was identified as a female embryo before embryo transfer in China (1991)
- Played key role in the research team that successfully produced the world’s first IVF caprine offspring from later-stage embryos (1995)
- Played key role in the production of the world’s first caprine offsprine from frozen-thawed IVF- derived embryos (1995)
- Developed a simplified embryo biopsy method and, in collaboration with the Genzyme Transgenic Corporation, produced unique transgenic caprine offspring (1996)